Welcome family, friends and random viewers afar to my new blog, The Fitness Llama. The purpose of this blog is to follow and document my recently embarked journey to seek and obtain/attain that thing we call “fit”. It is quite elusive and I intend to catch it. I will be periodically posting updates regarding my progress for working out, various fitness and health related stuff I found interesting while internet browsing, as well as blurbs of funny, interesting and annoying interactions I experience with people while working out.
I am not sure what the best way to start out this blog is, so for my first post I will do this. Here are some bulletin facts about my blog, workout program, and current physical condition, all of which I will explain more in depth in the next few upcoming posts:
- The name of the blog came about from looking at myself in the mirror and comparing myself to a llama(in a very loose sense).
- Due to a general dislike of weightlifting and lack of funds for purchasing a gym membership or home workout equipment, I have chosen to try a bodyweight training program based off the book, You Are Your Own Gym by Mark Lauren.
- I can currently comfortably perform about 10 pushups, 5 pullups and about 10 crunches continuously without much effort.
So there you have it, my first blog post. Thanks for checking it out, and come back soon back soon for my next post. I have yet to figure out how many posts a week I can realistically put out, but I think I will shoot for maybe two or three a week(probably two), so check back maybe on Thursday or Friday. Feel free to leave comments, advice, encouragement, etc. Upcoming posts to look for:
- The Fitness Llama’s current physical(complete with before pictures)
- More Detailed explanation of the Fitness Llama’s workout program
- A more detailed explanation of the blog title(not to be taken too seriously, btw)
Until next time, aufwiedersehen!
Ben Sexton, aka Fitness Llama